Mormon History, Sep 10, 1849

[Nauvoo Temple] John M. Bernhisel on a trip to the East stopped at Nauvoo and left a description of the Temple ruins: "Though the walls of the Temple are standing, yet they are much cracked, especially the east one; and not a vestige of the once beautiful font remains." He reported that no work had been done to repair the structure, except for clearing away some rubbish, and that the lot was used as a sheep fold and cow pen.

[source: Brown, Lisle (compiler), Chronology of the Construction, Destruction and Reconstruction of the Nauvoo Temple]

No comments:

Post a Comment