Mormon History, Aug 12, 1848

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 12th We took the rail road for Boston. Were 11 hours on the way. Distance 200 miles.
We put up for the night at the Western Echange Hotel. After tea I took A walk over Cambridge bridge to Cambridge port & found Br Alexander Badlam Manufacturer of Coach Piano Forte And furniture copal Varnish Corner of Washington & Main Street Cambridgeport. I here found Elders Felt & Robins. I was truly glad to meet with them all, & to get to the end of my journey which had been A long & tedious one with my family of 2,595 miles Journey from Council Bluff to Boston by land & waggons, rivers, lakes, canals rail roads &c &c. Whole distance 2,595 m.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment