Mormon History, Oct 22, 1848

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 22d Sunday I met with the saints at Father Jairus Sandford And Among others Present was Mr Smith Tuttle And his wife that was healed and soon after she left to come to meeting her daughter came to the house to take care of her supposing her to be vary low but found she had gone to meeting.
I preached in the morning to the saints And had a good time. The spirit & Power of God rested upon me. I spent the intermission At Br Sandford's. I spoke again in the afternoon to the Saints & broke bread with them And had a good time. I went to Mr Smith Tuttles and spent the night.
I spent about one hour with Mr Wm. B Goodyear whose Address will be Anapolis Maryland As he will sail for that place. He was Brother to Miles Good-yier of the Salt Lake valley whom I saw in the mountains. He made many enquiries about him. Said he left New Haven while young.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment