Mormon History, Oct 21, 1848

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 21st I called upon Sister Coffort Vining 31 Wm. Street And spent the fore part of the day. She was A worthy woman & strong in the faith. Also sister Hand. I Called at Mr Smith Tuttles. Found sister Tuttle sick. Was As yellow as saffern. I Administered to her by the laying on of hands. I then called [on] Mr Jesse Luddington water street.
Sister Tuttle recieved A Blessing by the laying on of hands. Most of her friends had expected she would die but she was healed by the laying on of hands. A number of Comforters like Jobs had called upon her And reproached her because she was sick inasmuch as she professed to believe in God And asked why [she] did not Call upon her Elders to heal her. This was done to reproach her. And she spoke out And said O that the Lord would send Br Woodruff here. It was but A few minutes before she recieve A note from me stateing that I was coming And when I laid hands upon her she was healed indeed And felt to Praise the Lord. I spent the night at Mr Lud-dingtons on water street Fair haven.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment