Mormon History, Sep 9, 1848

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 9th I recieved A Letter from J. Gibson And wrote one to W. J. Appleby. I spent the day to Father Carters. He retains his memory & faculties of mind well. He has brought up one of the best families of Sons & Daughters that can be found in the State of Maine.
During the day I read A work Called the young mans guide by Wm. A Alcott seventeenth Edition which contains many excellent morrals that are worthy of imitation & practice upon A great variety of subjects. It is A valuable work. I have one error in reading ie I read much more than I digest. The Above work is one of the best Gentile works I ever saw.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment