Mormon History, Jun 28, 1849

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 28th Walked to East Thomaston. Called at John Luce & wrote A Letter to Mrs W Woodruff in the Afternoon we went up to Mr Peas to Hold A Meeting And his own sons rose up & swore they would not admit of it. They finally ruled the Houshold instead of the Father & we had no meeting. It seemed as though the Devil Stired up the people in Thomas-ton as soon as I went into it.
I had a long talk with Mr Hilman who had his mind exercised about preaching. I gave him some council. I called upon Mr Colby & Lady which I found to be a Noble pair. I spent the night with Br Luce. 10 m.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment