Mormon History, May 8, 1848

1848 May 8. 10 A.M Council in Office. Present[:] B[righam]. Young, [Heber C.] Kimball, [Willard] Richards, [Ezra T.] Benson, T[homas]. B[ullock]. B Young counted out [$]370.40, the proceeds of E. T. Benson's report of his Mission, & requested to know what should be done with it.'- B. Y. wanted to have a few teams go out a few miles.'-[$]50. of that money will have to go to pay [for] freight of boxes, books, [a] large kettle, & other things.'- [Someone] read a letter from bro Dana to H. C. K. E. T. B.[: I]n regard to my mission I have lived out of it. I had [$]154. to pay out for my family. B. Y.[:] The laborer is worthy of his hire, is not he? The teams that are now loaded up'-swep all'-without taking one solitary soul of my private family. 215 H. C. K.[: E]very team that I can load up I intend to send awa[y] to the Horn. [L]et us load our teams to the Horn & bef[ore] we leave we'll pay all our debts & go awa[y] nice[ly]. I sa[y] in the n[ame] of the L[or]d. (amen) I feel so all the time. I motion that the money be divided amongst us all; it will do a little good. B. Y.[:] We will thank the Almighty for this.'- E. T. B.[:] When I met O. Hyde in Cincinnati I at once saw I wo[ul]d. do no great things. W R.[:] If bro Hyde had done as bro Benson has, we sho[ul]d, have more money than we co[ul]d. use.'- Divided B. Y. Gold [$]111.90 H. C. K. Note [$]100.00 W. R. Order & Cash [$]109.80 Freight'-'-'-'- [$] 50.00 [$]371.70

[source: Minutes, as quoted in Minutes of the Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1910-1951, Privately Published, Salt Lake City, Utah 2010]

No comments:

Post a Comment