Mormon History, Jan 5, 1847

[Hosea Stout Diary] Tuesday January 5th 1847. This morning I went to O. Pratts the Treasurer of the police tax to file in the orders of the which I issued yesterday & also took up some provisions in pay to myself & got an order on the store for a small amount[.] These things greatly relieved me for I was in want very much.
I spent the remainder of the day, after taking my wife to the store, in notifying the police to go and get their pay. And regulated the guard as usual.
This evening there fell a cold snow with the wind hard blowing from the North howling through the city & spreading a lonely gloom on all nature which I seldom feel[.] This is the first snow that realy deserves the name which has fell this year.

[Diaries of Hosea Stout]

No comments:

Post a Comment