Mormon History, Aug 18, 1845

[Hosea Stout Diary] August the 18th 1845 Monday. Went Earley to see Br Wilson to do some hauling for me. then went to John S Higbees to take Sister Bennett after a bonnet came home and went with my wife there also for a bonnet came home and after dinner went down to the Lodge & on my way Br George A. Smith spoke to me about setting a guard at the Nauvoo House which I agreed to do. he said he would gave three dollars pr night to have it guarded.after the Lodge was over I remained there untill the police met after the guard was detailed the police went to W. P. Lyons to raise some timber for him on his building.from there I went to the Nauvoo House with the guard which I had detailed there and saw it commenced all things was rightI then came to A. J. Stout and took Supper and then came to Br J. P. Harmons and after some talk, he and Br L. W. Hancock came home with me after I had come home Br Hancock having his fiddle played on it for about one hour and a half to our satisfactio
n.We had an agreeable
evening about 10 oclock they went home & I to bed.

[Diaries of Hosea Stout]
[source: Diaries of Hosea Stout]

No comments:

Post a Comment